Traditional Thai Cooking with Pranee Khruasanit Halvorsen
1. Chicken Satay (grilled marinated chicken on skewer served with peanut sauce and cucumber salad).
2. Shrimp Satay (grilled marinated shrimp with spices on skewer served with peanut sauce and cucumber salad).
3. Moo Yang Takrai (grilled lemongrass pork on lemongrass stalks served with plum sauce)
4. Goong Kratiem Prig Thai (pan-fried garlic and pepper shrimps served with sweet chili sauce).
5. Tod Man Pla (pan-fried fish cake served with cucumber salad and sweet chili sauce).
6. Miang Kum (leaf-wrapped tidbits, toasted grated coconut, peanuts, shallots, ginger, lime and Miang Kum sauce wrapped with seasonal green leaf).
7. Gari Puff (puff pastry with chicken and onion curry filling served with cucumber salad).
8. Neau Yang (sliced grilled marinated flank steak served with Phuket garlic and lime dipping sauce).
9. Gai Hua Bai Toey (Pandanus leaf scented marinated chicken served with sesame-soy dipping sauce).
10. Mar Hor (galloping horses, tidbits of savory pork and ground peanuts served in pineapple).
Pranee's Chicken Satay, Peanut Sauce and Cucumber Salad
1. Tom Yum Goong (shrimp in Thai sweet and sour soup with Kaffir lime leaf, shallot, lemongrass, fish sauce and galangal).
2. Tom Kha Gai (chicken in sweet and sour coconut milk soup with Kaffir lime leaf, lemongrass, shallot, fish sauce and galangal).
3. Pho Tek(seafood stew with Kaffir lime leaf, lemongrass, shallot and galangal).
4. Tom Sap (beef soup with fiercely hot, lightly sweet and very sour soup with Kaffir lime leaf, lemongrass, shallot and galangal).
5. Gaeng Jued Woon Sen(cellophane noodle soup with spicy pork ball).
6. Gaeng Leang (Kabocha pumpkin soup with miso, Thai basil and Asian vegetables.)
Tom Kha Soup
Salads and Cold Dishes
1. Yum Neua (sliced grilled beef sirloin steak with mint, toasted rice powder, lemongrass, galangal, scallion and lime juice).
2. Laab Gai (cooked minced chicken tossed in mint, toasted rice powder, chili powder, lemongrass, galangal, scallions, fish sauce and lime juice).
3.Pla Goong (shrimp cocktail in spear mint, Thai chili, lemongrass, galangal, scallion lime juice and fish sauce).
4. Yum Woon Sen (shrimp or calamari salad with cellophane noodles, ground peanuts, minced pork, pickled garlic, fish sauce, lime juice and fresh herbs).
5.Som Tum(green papaya or carrot salad, julienned papaya mix with peanuts, garlic, fish sauce and palm sugar).
6.Yum Pla Muk(calamari salad with green onion, cilantro, Chinese celery, Thai chili powder, fish sauce and lime juice).
7. Yum Pla Dook Foo (crispy pan-fried catfish served with mango, shallots and lime salsa on top).
8.Yum Takrai (lemongrass salad with chicken or prawn, cashew nuts and peanuts in palm sugar and limejuice)
9. Por Pia Sod (Fresh summer rolls: rice paper roll with soft tofu, cooked shrimp or halibut cheek, jicama and topped with cilantro, fried garlic and sweet and sour sauce).
10. Yum Som Oh (Thai grape fruit salad with roasted coconut and prawn with tamarind sauce.)
11. Yum Gai Med Manuang (Chicken Mango salad with cashew nut and cherry tomatoes)
Green Mango Salad with Prawn
Entrée 1.Gaeng Phanang (Phanang curry with beef or chicken).2. Gaeng Phanang Hed (Portobello mushroom cooked in Phanang curry)
3. Chu Chi Pla or Goong (halibut or shrimps poached in Chu Chi curry topped with thin sliced Kaffir lime leaves).
4. Gaeng Massaman (beef or chicken in a mild Massaman curry with peanuts, potatoes and onions).
5.Gaeng Gari (Gari curry with beef or chicken in a mild yellow curry with onion and potato).
6. Gaeng Keow Wan (beef, chicken, halibut, salmon, prawns or scallops in green curry with Thai eggplants and basil leaf).
7. Gaeng Phed Daeng (red curry with chicken, prawn or duck with choice of bamboo shoots, zucchini, Thai basil and Thai eggplants or seasonal vegetables).
8. Phad Phed Pla Muk (pan-fried calamari with red curry, long beans and cilantro).
9. Gaeng Phed Ped Yang (roasted duck red curry with Thai eggplant, cherry tomatoes and basil leaf).
10. Geang Keu Sapparod (shrimps in Phuket red curry with ground peanuts and pineapple).
11. Khanom Jean Pla Salmon (salmon poached in lemongrass and turmeric curry served with rice vermicelli).
12. Phad Phrik Khing (pork, chicken or prawn pan-fried with Phrik Khing curry paste, string beans and Kaffir lime leaf).
13. Pla Jian (pan-fried fish with ginger, lemongrass, garlic in salted soy bean and tamarind sauce).
14. Goong Phad Nam Ma Kam (shrimp sautéed in Phuket tamarind sauce).
15. Pla Rad Prik (Pan-fried sea bass or trout topped with pineapple, chili, garlic and fish sauce).
16. Goong Oob Woon Sen (baked shrimp in cellophane noodles with soy sauce, peppercorns, ginger, garlic and cilantro).
17. Planueng Ma Now (steamed salmon in lime juice).
Grilled Salmon and Rice Salad with Grapefruite, Thai Eggplant and Thai Basil
1. Phad Thai (Chantaboon rice noodles stir-fried in Phad Thai sauce with prawn or chicken).
2. Phad Kee Meo (fresh flat rice noodles with dark soy sauce and Chinese broccoli with pork, chicken or prawn).
3. Rad Nah (pan-fried flat rice noodles with dark soy sauce topped with Chinese broccoli and pork, chicken or prawn).
4. Kao Soy (fine egg noodles served with chicken or beef in a mild Chiang Mai curry and pickled Chinese mustard, topped with crispy egg noodles).
5. Yum Mee (Hok Kien Mee salad with cooked shrimp, cooked chicken, ground peanut, fried garlic, cilantro, green onion, limejuice and chili).
Pranee's Phad Thai
1. Koa Neo Dam (black rice pudding with warm coconut milk).
2. Saku Peak (tapioca pearl with taro, young coconut in sweet coconut milk).
3. Kluey Bud Chee (sweet fragrant banana in coconut milk).
4. Kha Nom Saku (sticky rice ball with melted palm sugar inside and coated with grated coconut).
5. Som Tum Pollamai (mixed seasonal fruits in Thai herbs and lime juice.)
6. Kao Neow Mamuang (sliced ripe mango served with sweet sticky rice).
Pranee's Sticky Rice and Mango
Text: © Pranee K. Halvorsen
Photo: © Chris Karges
This page has the following sub pages.